First Kaska GP Ltd is the economic arm of the Liard First Nations of Watson Lake, Yukon. We are expanding our business which requires exceptionally talented people.
As such we are actively seeking a Financial Accountant for our group of companies. As the senior manager you will report to the General Manager of the parent company. This position is responsible for the full cycle accounting process and preparing monthly financial statements both at an entity level as well as on a consolidated basis. This position will initially be home based but with travel to Watson Lake, Yukon on an intermittent basis. It is expected that position with transition to an office environment based out of Whitehorse, Yukon.
Your responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for the day to day processing of transactions into the accounting software, cloud based Quickbooks.
- Manage financial reporting systems and processes.
- Preparing bank and account reconciliations.
- Developing detailed knowledge of systems, monitoring the effectiveness of systems.
- Preparing annual budgets for each business unit and on a consolidated basis.
- Managing accounts with CRA, WCB and other regulatory bodies to ensure accounts are kept current.
- Liaison with company professionals including legal, banking and auditors.
- Manage online banking system including preparation of cheques & EFT’s.
- Processing payroll, issuing records of employment, issuing and filing T4’s and associated duties.
- All accounts receivable and payable processing under the direction of the General Manager.
- Preparing year end reports for the annual audit.
- Hire & supervise accounting staff as and when required.
- Other duties as directed by the General Manager.
- Recently completed CPA designation or completion within the next year.
- 3+ years of full cycle accounting experience.
- A basic knowledge of payroll and the applicable labour code.
- Intermediate computer skills; working knowledge of Quickbooks and MS Office.
- Minimum Class 5 Drivers license;
- A combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Ability to multitask, be flexible and effectively manage multiple, competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Willingness to travel.
We appreciate your interest in working with us, however only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Reference ID: Financial Accountant.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent.
Salary: Negotiable to commensurate with education and experience.
Deadline for Applications: February 12, 2021
Send Resumes To: email@example.com
BIG CREEK BRIDGE EARTHWORKS
First Kaska – Cobalt Construction Joint Venture is the successful proponent for the Big Creek Bridge Replacement associated earthworks. First Kaska – Cobalt is seeking Liard First Nation owned companies to provide an expression of interest in the rental of heavy equipment for this project. All equipment must be well maintained, leak-free and have all applicable CVIP inspections. The following lists are anticipated equipment requirements for the above-mentioned work.
|Equipment Type||Number of Pieces|
|Caterpillar D6 Dozer||1|
|Caterpillar 14 Grader||1|
|40ton Articulating Rock Trucks||2|
|Caterpillar 966 Wheel Loader||1|
|84” smooth Drum Vibratory Packer||1|
|Stiff Boom Crane Truck||1|
|4000-Gal Water truck||1|
|Tractor c/w Belly Dump||3|
|Tractor c/w End Dump||3|
Please provide expression of interest and availability to either of the following First Kaska – Cobalt Construction JV representatives.
Jasper Lamouelle – First Kaska CEO
Shaun Rudolph – Cobalt Construction President
First Kaska partner, BOART LONGYEAR Inc., a leading drilling contractor servicing the mining industry in Canada and internationally, has openings for energetic individuals as:
Drill Operators & Helpers
Compensation for these positions include competitive wages, a production bonus plan, and an excellent company benefit and pension program. Your demonstrated expertise and commitment to safety and peak productivity is coupled with a WHMIS certificate, an Ontario Common Core designation as well as a First Aid Certificate.
Interested applicants should forward their resume in confidence to: Devin Brodhagen at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jason LeBlanc Sr. HR. Business Partner Canada, at jason.leblanc@boartlongyear , or Heather McGregor, Human Resources Generalist at email@example.com.
All applications are appreciated; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
First Kaska GP Ltd is anticipating employment opportunities for the replacement of the Big Creek Bridge at KM1042.1.
We would be looking for persons in the following fields:
- Heavy Equipment Operators
- Small Equipment Operators
- General Construction Labor
- Roadwork Labor
- Traffic Control Flag Persons
- Environmental Monitors
Interested members should submit their resume to the First Kaska GP Ltd General Manager, Devin Brodhagen, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your resume by June 15, 2020. We will reach out to applicants once the contract has been awarded and advise on the numbers of available positions and anticipated start dates.